Friday, August 7, 2009

Meryl Streep not worthy of an Oscar for 'Julie & Julia'

The new film "Julie and Julia" was just released and people are already talking about Meryl Streep winning an Oscar for her portrayal of chef Julia Childs. Sorry, but not only do I say no, I also say she should not even be considered.

No offense to Ms. Streep (I'm a big fan), but roles where actors are merely imitating other celebrities should NOT be eligible for Oscars. Imitation my be the sincerest form of flattery, but it is not acting by any means. If it was, Rich Little and the other countless comedians out there who rely on celebrity imitations in their act should have been up for Oscars years ago.

I also think the Academy should take back the Oscars won by Jamie Foxx for "Ray" and Reese Witherspoon for June Carter Cash and so on. It's an insult to the actual actors out there who lost to the imitators.

No comments:

Post a Comment